TM - Meditation : Checking and Initiation
The Transcendental Meditation technique is a simple, natural, effortless procedure practiced for 15-20 minutes in the morning and evening, while sitting comfortably with the eyes closed. During this technique, the individual's awareness settles down and experiences a unique state of restful alertness. As the body becomes deeply relaxed, the mind transcends all mental activity to experience the simplest form of awareness, Transcendental Consciousness.
The experience of Transcendental Consciousness develops the individual's latent creative potential while dissolving accumulated stress and fatigue through the deep rest gained during the practice.This experience enlivens the individual's creativity, dynamism, orderliness, and organizing power,which result in increasing effectiveness and success in daily life.
The Transcendental Meditation technique is scientific, requiring neither specific beliefs nor adoption of a particular lifestyle. (Early presentation by the movement)
"Checking Notes" and "Steps to Initiation"
According to minet.org were these notes provided in hypertext/HTML format by an anonymous contributor to Minet , therefore without guarantee (!) - and ONLY for information !
- Steps of Initiation
- General Points
- Section 1 (Points 1 through 10)
- Section 2 (Points 10 through 23)
- Section 3 (Points 24 through 30)
- The PUJA (english translation)
- The Shankara Order Puja
- The Mantras and the Siddhis (after 'TM-EX')
- A meditationtechnique after Guru Dev (PDF!)
- Maharishi Interview about the meditation as taught by Guru Dev
- Why does Transcendental Meditation cost money to learn?
- Rationalwiki about Transcendental meditation